Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc notification - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc notification
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Brett McCormick wrote:

> I looked at the jdbc source and it doesn't look like there's currently
> much of a way to get at the notification information.  I notice it is
> read & stored in variables, but this information is not stored
> anywhere.  I assume it is because JDBC does not support it.  Is there
> any way to utilize postgresql notification with the JDBC driver?

The development version of the driver for 6.4 does include methods to get
at these variables (they are needed for the object serialization code).

Notification shouldn't be too difficult to add, even though it isn't true
JDBC.

--
Peter Mount (at work) peter@taer.maidstone.gov.uk or peter@maidstone.gov.uk
If you mail me here, please cc my home address peter@retep.org.uk