Re: [GENERAL] JDBC and ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [GENERAL] JDBC and ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Napolitano wrote:

> I have data that I wish to read into PostgreSQL through Java.  I was
> wondering about the status of PostgreSQL's JDBC driver, and the
> documentation about it (such as is there a driver for Category 1, 2, 3,
> or 4).  The only documentation I could find is on the PostgreSQL
> website:

It's a type 4 driver - as in it is pure Java, and talks to the database in
the database's own network protocol.

> -----------
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/c47.htm
>
> Chapter 47. JDBC Interface
>
> There is a JDBC interface available for Postgres. It is documented
> elsewhere using the accepted tool for Java-language code.
> -----------
>
> Is this all the documentation there is on PostgreSQL's JDBC drivers?? If
> not, where is any other information?

There is more documentation, but it is currently stuck on one of my backup
CD's.

I've had a major hardware disaster here, and have had to rebuild the
machine - hence the lack of emails from me the last 5 days.

As soon as I get everything back up and running, I should have the docs
ready.

For the interim, there is a FAQ at http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net