Re: [GENERAL] Q: How to convert int to date? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marin D
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Q: How to convert int to date?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Mattias Kregert wrote:

->How do I convert INTEGER to DATE in 6.3.2?
->
->I have a table 'mytbl' with a column 'd' which is
->an integer, containing dates in YYMMDD form. Now,

This is quite bad representation of date. U know Y2K, so on...

->how do I convert these integer dates to date dates?
->

I would propose to modify your table with DATE column, dump your old
table, write a script modifying the 980622 to 98-06-22 and import it back
in the new table

or write your own function dealing with such 'dates'

Best regards

    Marin

          -= Why do we need gates in a world without fences? =-