Buffer leak? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From andre@via.ecp.fr
Subject Buffer leak?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Hi.

Due to some bug report for the postgresql python interface, I started
testing the current large objects support. Two points seems to be wrong,
but yet I only studied one.

LO may span over some blocks and whenever a block boundary is crossed (for
the first access for example, or whenever a full block has been read), the
lo_read() query gets a:
   "NOTICE:  buffer leak [xx] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()"
The leak is located in an index_getnext() call to seek the next
block (using a btree index). But as this part of code is less easy to
follow and I can't go further.
This call is locate in inv_fetchtup(), called by inv_read() from the
inv_api.c file.

Could someone give me some pointers on how I could track where the faulty
buffer is allocated?

Thanks.

---
Pascal ANDRE, Internet and Media Consulting
andre@via.ecp.fr
"Use the source, Luke. Be one with the Code."  -- Linus Torvalds