RE: [HACKERS] drop table inside transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jose' Soares Da Silva
Subject RE: [HACKERS] drop table inside transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Meskes, Michael wrote:

> Is this really a bug? I haven't seen any (commercial) system supporting
> this kind of transaction recovery. Once you drop a table the data is
> lost, no matter if you rollback or not.

SOLID does it, take a look:

SOLID SQL Editor (teletype) v.02.20.0007
(C) Copyright Solid Information Technology Ltd 1993-1997
Execute SQL statements terminated by a semicolon.
Exit by giving command: exit;
Connected to default server.
select * from cities;
CODE               CITY
----               ----
SFO                SAN FRANCISCO
STL                ST. LOUIS
SJC                SAN JOSE
3 rows fetched.

drop table cities;
Command completed succesfully, 0 rows affected.

drop table cities;
SOLID Table Error 13011: Table CITIES does not exist

rollback work;
Command completed succesfully, 0 rows affected.

select * from cities;
CODE               CITY
SFO                SAN FRANCISCO
STL                ST. LOUIS