RE: [HACKERS] drop table inside transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jose' Soares Da Silva
Subject RE: [HACKERS] drop table inside transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Meskes, Michael wrote:

> Is this really a bug? I haven't seen any (commercial) system supporting
> this kind of transaction recovery. Once you drop a table the data is
> lost, no matter if you rollback or not.
>
> Michael
Maybe you are right Michael, but there's another point; the table wasn't
removed, it is still there, only data are cancelled.
It's more, like a DELETE FROM ... not a DROP TABLE...
and, if another user inserts data into this dropped table,
the table returns with all data.
(Refer to my first bug-report on this matter),
and more; some times ROLLBACK restores both data and table structure. ;-)