6.3.1 RH Linux 5.0 packages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cristian Gafton
Subject 6.3.1 RH Linux 5.0 packages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

It took longer than I expected to build packages for v6.3.1 for RH Linux,
mainly because I had problems compiling the beast.

I am attaching a patch that is mostly Linux psecific, but also fixes
(almost) all problems currently in the code regarding the use of
$(DESTDIR) to have files installed in a different root directory.

One problem I could not figure out is that postgresql will not compile if
one already have the header files from a previous version installed. I
think there is a problem with not passing all the local include files as
compiler arguments in the libpq makefile, but I don't have time to look at
it.

Packages are available from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/home/gafton/pgsql.
Feedback much appreciated.

Also, I am unable to monitor this mailing list anymore due to increased
workload, so please report any RH-Linux related problems regarding this
packge directly to me.

Best wishes,

Cristian
Cristian Gafton   --   gafton@redhat.com   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.