Re: How to connect to a remote database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jerome Alet
Subject Re: How to connect to a remote database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

this is probably not a bug.

with psql you have to use the -h option

e.g.: psql -h mypgserver.mydomain [mydatabase]

and on mypgserver.mydomain computer you have to launch postgresql with
the -i option, telling it to listen for TCP/IP connections, and check
pg_hba.conf for possible restricitions.

bye,

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Martin Kuria (martinkuria@hotmail.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> How to connect to a remote database
>
> Long Description
> This may be a dumb question, but how do I connect to a remote database
> using postgresql, or rather psql?
>
> I have  trouble connecting to the remote host, to access the database what command should use to connect to the
databasein remote host in the prompt, Thanks again.