Re: 8K Limit, and Replication - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: 8K Limit, and Replication
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have heard of this infamous 8k limit. I have a couple of questions.
> 1. Does this mean that if I have a large object that I am inserting into a
> table, like an image it has to be 8k or less?
In current version is possible range 8--32Kb for block size, default is 8Kb.
You can change it in sourses in the file include/config.h, other solution is
use the large object interface (LO).

> 2. When will this be fixed?
It's already fixed in the current devel tree (see CVS) and it will
available in 7.1 (1 Oct?).

> 3. Does anyone know the status of the replication capabilities in PGSQL?
Good question, bad answer ... (IMHO) not exist some standard replication
for PG.
                    Karel