Re: Per-database/schema settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Per-database/schema settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Karel Zak wrote:

> I don't know how much problematic it is, but the oracle has this feature
> (NSL_DATE_FORMAT in ALTER SESSION, etc)
Note, I see Oracle's docs, and NSL_DATE_FORMAT is probably used as
default format template for to_char/to_date, and it allowe
SELECT TO_CHAR(sysdate) FROM DUAL;

(is possible in Oracle formatting/parsing datetime without to_char(), like
postgresql timestamp_in/out?)
Hmm, PG and Oracle date/time design is probably more different. I was not
total right in the previous letter.                    Karel