Re: GROUP by finish&&last day of month - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jerome Alet
Subject Re: GROUP by finish&&last day of month
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Antti Linno wrote:

> New question, how to get the last day of month(order data by last day of
> month).

I'm sorry but I don't understand how you could order something by a value
(last day of month).

you can only order things by a field (e.g. a date field) or fields, in
increasing or decreasing order.

e.g.:

you can do:

SELECT id,eventdate FROM mytable ORDER BY eventdate DESC;

and not:

SELECT id,eventdate FROM mytable ORDER BY '2000-01-31' DESC;

the latter one doesn't mean anything to me, nor to SQL I suppose.

bye,

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE