Re: Timezone template for to_char(timestamp, '...')? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Timezone template for to_char(timestamp, '...')?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Robert B. Easter wrote:

> I'm using
>
>     to_char(timestamp, 'Dy @MM:MIAM, Mon DD, YYYY')
>
> to format a timestamp and its works fine except I'd like to add the timezone
> (EDT etc) to the end.
>
> Is there a format template for timezone?  I thought TZ might be it, but it
> doesn't work.
>
> The documentation for to_char() is here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/x2976.htm

 And is anything about TZ in this docs?

 No, to_char() not support timezone (IMHO oracle not support it too), but
support it is not bad idea. I add it to my TODO.

By the way, - current AP/PM code is broken - fix will in new version.

                            Karel