malloc() in Dllist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject malloc() in Dllist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I'm total confuse. I continue in query cache implementation and I want use
Dllist routines, but what I see --- it hardly use malloc/free. Why? With
this is a Dllist usage _very_ limited... (the catcache works with malloc?
--- hmm interesting)
For my current situation I resolve it via some simple alloc function
changer for Dllist. But for future will probably good create specific
memory context that will based on malloc/free and in pg's sources use
_always_ and _only_ palloc in all routines. And if anyone want use
system malloc/free he can call MemoryContextSwitchTo( malloc_based_context );
Tom, assume you with some 'malloc_based_context' in your memory-management
proposal?
                    Karel