pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject pg_dumplo, thanks :) (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
this is not first letter about pg_dumplo which I head. What add pg_dumplo
to contrib or main tree?
                    Karel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:51:53 -0400
From: CTN Production <reaster@comptechnews.com>
To: zakkr@zf.jcu.cz
Subject: pg_dumplo, thanks :)

Your pg_dumplo program looks to be very useful so far.  I've tested it
and have had no trouble with PostgreSQL 7.0 beta.  I can now easily make
a script that runs pg_dumplo and pg_dump to create a directory
containing a full dump of a database.  Another script does a full
restore of a database.  Very nice.  I used "pg_dump -vof database.dump
database", which makes it dump the OIDs too since I use the OIDs of
records instead of serials.

Thanks.  Wonder why this kind of utility is not part of the official
distribution?  You might consider posting your pg_dumplo program on
http://www.freshmeat.net/ so that people can find it and get you some
more recognition! :)

How large of databases have you used pg_dumplo on?  I hope that it can
handle things when the database gets large.

Robert B. Easter
reaster@comptechnews.com