Regression differences on Red Hat 5.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Terry Mackintosh
Subject Regression differences on Red Hat 5.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all

I'm building up a new server based on a min. install of Red Hat 5.2 +
updates.  Compiling all the server software myself, including Postgresql
6.4.2. (Never installed the Red Hat server stuff to start with.)
(server stuff == PHP3, mod_ssl, Apache, PostgreSQL, ...)

Any way, int2, int4 (both on line 10), and geometry all say they fail.
A diff of expected/results for int2 and int4 show that they are the same
except for the phrasing of the error message (over flow test?)

expected:
Math result not representable

results:
Numerical result out of range

The differance for the geometry type is harder to tell as each fill a
little more then a screen full and at a glance look about the same --
giberish.  But as I have never use the geometry type, and am not even sure
what it would be used for, I'm not worried about it.  Every thing else
passed.

If you like I can supply the "result" files.

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>               http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner                  I'm excited about life! How about YOU!?
Professional Web Hosting and site design to include programming
Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Only if you know where you're going can you get there.