Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Tong
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]
Date
List pgsql-general

> > > I just tried it for the first time last week. It failed to perform a
> > > simple query. I need to double check my work yet. The Oracle ODBC driver
> > > has _probably_ been around for a while and has _probably_ been better
> > > tested perhaps simply by raw numbers of users.
>
> I bet he has the old PostODBC driver -OR- there is a configuration
> issue. If the version of the driver he has begins with dot (like .21
> or .30), its ancient.

> The latest version of the odbc driver at
> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc is 6.30.0247.

While I was initially fooled by the old driver months ago, I have
v06-30-0247 according to the installer, postdrv.exe. I got this from the
web site you quoted.

I'm fairly certain I can recreate the circumstances, and I'll try to do so
today. I assume the "Interfaces" list is the place for this discussion.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century