Re: [GENERAL] What to do with no foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Tong
Subject Re: [GENERAL] What to do with no foreign keys
Date
List pgsql-general
> How can I insure that for example "home_team_name" is one of
> "baseball_team.team_name"?
>
> I have seen in books things like:
>
> PRIMARY KEY: home_team
> FOREIGN KEY: home_team JOIN TO baseball_team.team_name
>
> is there anyway to do this in postgresql?

I asked the same question a week or two ago. If I remember correctly,
foreign keys are not yet part of PostgreSQL, but they will be part of the
next release. It was suggested that it would be appropriate to handle
these sorts of issues within your code at this point.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century