ecpg *very* problematic... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Good
Subject ecpg *very* problematic...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello - read a post this evening on QUESTIONS which was a relief...
I am not the only one having problems with the preprocessor!

The fellow whose post I read can't connect to his db via ecpg.
I can't even compile...

If I try to preprocess something as pared down as:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
printf("Why is ecpg dumpingcore?\n");
}

I still get a seg-fault.  Yet ecpg compiled code (from 6.3) is
running fine.

Help!

    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                    Department of Psychiatry
                              ----
 Thomas Good, System Administrator            <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
 North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services     Phone: 718-354-5528
 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8                Fax:   718-354-5056
 Staten Island, NY   10305