Re: [GENERAL] Questions regarding OID - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A James Lewis
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Questions regarding OID
Date
List pgsql-general
The last time I tried to use OID I wanted to :-

select max(oid) from table;  apparently max isn't defined for OID and I
didn't seem to be able to cast it as an int...

Am I doing somthing wrong?

James

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Richi Plana wrote:
> > I'm trying to use PostgreSQL data type oid and I have a couple
> > 2) Can it be used together with NOT NULL or PRIMARY KEY?
>
> oid data type is a 4 byte integer and as far as I know can be used
> pretty much the same way.

A.J. (james@fsck.co.uk)
Sometimes you're ahead, somtimes you're behind.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.