Re: serverless postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject Re: serverless postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
> Do the developers generally oppose the idea of a threaded (but
> non-embedded) backend as well? If the backend is thread-safe, then users
> can still choose to run multiprocess or multithreaded right?

I've been under the impression that the developers were opposed to a
threaded server because of the complete lack of consistency in threading
behavior across platforms.  However, I don't see how doing it as a
multiprocess server as apposed to a multithreaded server affects embedded
use - as long as it can simply be called from a library, why would a user
or developer care?

Jon