Re: Salvage older PostgreSQL data disk - help? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject Re: Salvage older PostgreSQL data disk - help?
Date
List pgsql-general
I think you're going to have to build an old PG.  But really, how long
does that take, an hour maybe on a slow machine?  Just install it to a
non-standard directory and you'll be fine.

In fact, on second thought, you should find out what version of PG he was
using, and stick to that.  You really shouldn't upgrade PG versions
(especially major versions, but minor versions as well) without running
your own tests.

Jon