Re: postgreSQL on NAS/SAN? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject Re: postgreSQL on NAS/SAN?
Date
List pgsql-general
There is a system which uses your serial port so that if server B detects
server A goes down, it will send a signal over the serial port which
disconnects server A's power supply.  That way, server B never
"accidentally" takes over for server A when in fact server A is still
running.  I don't remember where these are sold, but they were mentioned
in the MissionCriticalLinux system documentation.

Jon