Re: Nu-B Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From larry a price
Subject Re: Nu-B Question
Date
List pgsql-general
you need to be a postgresql user, which is somewhat like being a unix user
but different,

you said earlier that you've got a debian system so,

if you have a user account that is already registered as a postgres
superuser login to that account and say:
createuser jorge

Otherwise, if you've just installed postgresql and didn't register you
home useraccount while doing so. Try the following

su -> (become root)
su postgres -> (become postgres, you won't need a password)
createuser <username>

and then follow the prompts :-)

Larry Price      |  "We have seen the truth.
laprice@efn.org  |   And the truth makes no sense." -chesterton