Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, rhubbell wrote:

> So I chose md5 but it will not work, seems like a basic thing. So I am
> forced to use "trust".  These are the kinds of things that wear down
> busy people trying use the software. Maybe this is a documentation
> enhancement or bug.

I wrote up a first draft of something aimed at this particular area at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Client_Authentication

I'm still not completely happy with how I describe what you need to switch
to md5, but at least it points to all the right places people usually
miss.  If you just went through this recently or still have open issues,
I'd be curious to get your feedback about that piece.