Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rhubbell
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
Re: Pet Peeves?
Re: Pet Peeves?
List pgsql-general
I'm a new user to PostgreSQL so mine's fresh from doing an install recently.

In /etc/postgresql/8.3/main/pg_hba.conf

# METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "crypt", "password", "gss", "sspi",
# "krb5", "ident", "pam" or "ldap".  Note that "password" sends passwords
# in clear text; "md5" is preferred since it sends encrypted passwords.

So I chose md5 but it will not work, seems like a basic thing. So I am
forced to use "trust".  These are the kinds of things that wear down
busy people trying use the software. Maybe this is a documentation
enhancement or bug.

You say:
"I have a pretty good idea what some them are"

What's your list so far?