Re: Postgres in a solaris zone - patch 125077-02 needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Postgres in a solaris zone - patch 125077-02 needed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Markova, Nina wrote:

> I wasn't able to find 125077-02 patch for SPARC, and contacted SUN last
> week - they are very slow.

It wasn't released; according to
http://www.mail-archive.com/pca@lists.univie.ac.at/msg00199.html that fix
made its way into 120011-09 instead.

I'm not so sure you actually need this though.
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do;jsessionid=1ce76d3cbf20747f874eb1a300df?bug_id=6546052
suggests there's actually a bug in how the checkinstall script looks for
the file that prevent it from installing in a zone.  Looks just like your
report.  That says the s10u4_07 update fixes the problem.  I don't know
enough about Solaris packaging to suggest exactly what to do here, but
that should get you moving in the right direction rather than chasing a
non-existant patch.