Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Randal T. Rioux wrote:

> On Sat, September 6, 2008 8:21 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not a Solaris user, but I'd be kinda surprised if Solaris' own
> libraries were built with gcc --- Sun has their own compiler no?

They released the instructions for how they were building their official
PostgreSQL packages using their Sun Studio compiler at one point at
http://wikis.sun.com/display/DBonSolaris/BuildingPostgreSQL

> bash-3.00# ldd /usr/local/lib/sparcv9/libgcc_s.so.1

I note that they explicitly include a few directories using --with-libs in
that example.  May you need to add /usr/local/lib/sparcv9 similarly?
There's also some LD_OPTIONS magic you may need.