Re: php pg_connect fails, pgsql works - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: php pg_connect fails, pgsql works
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> I don't know much about how to fix it, other than the extremely
> brute-force tool of "setenforce 0".  On current Fedora it looks like the
> way is probably "setsebool -P allow_user_postgresql_connect 1", but I'm
> not sure if RHEL5 uses that approach or something older.

I was able to work around a similar issue using Robert's article at
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/310-typically-I-recommend-you-disable-SELinux....html
where he suggests that "setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db=1" is
the magic incantation for RHEL5.  That fixed my problem using PHP there.