Re: Contrib modules documentation online - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Contrib modules documentation online
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Guys, would it be out of the question to do this in 8.3?  Please please?

Are you suggesting to add an additional piece of work to the already
behind schedule 8.3 timeline when there's already this idea floating
around to overhaul the entire contrib structure in 8.4, which may very
well make much of that work redundant?  Albert's work is cool and all, but
from from back here where I sit I'd expect anyone in a position to
integrate it into 8.3 properly should be working on something that's
already on the to-do list instead.

I know I'm about to dump a big stack of 8.3 data onto the list I'd
appreciate some attention from you on, rather than having you distracted
cleaning up documentation that's perfectly functional for now.