Re: transactional DDL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: transactional DDL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Speaking of which, we should make a big point of our transactional DDL as a
> feature.  It's something that even some of the big proprietary DBs don't
> have.

Already working on it.  Got a great example comparing PG against MySQL
sent to me off-list, once I get permission I'll put that up and we can see
if someone wants to add Oracle/MS-SQL/etc. examples using the same format.

Going to add a section on this to the PG/MySQL document, which by the way
now has a permanent home at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.83

All of the feedback I've gotten since the techdocs conversion will be
applied to that soon, the version of the document on the Wiki is turning
into a redirect.