pg_dump and using schema problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject pg_dump and using schema problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

I got a problem playing with schema and dump/restore process (8.0.3).
I created schema 'contrib' for my database and added it to search_path
in postgresql.conf. Then I loaded a bunch of modules to 'contrib schema' and
populated database with various tables. Everything is ok, I could dump
separately schema 'contrib' and 'public' separately and I didn't expected
any problem in restore. Unfortunately, pg_dump explicitly defines
search path to 'public, pg_catalog' and any objects from 'contrib' schema
doesn't seen, which cause many errors, for example, table uses type tsvector,
which defined in tsearch2 module, so that table doesn't  created.
I have to use sed to add 'contrib' module to search_path to  restore
my database, but I don't like such solution.

Is't possible to say pg_dump/pg_dumpall to use custom search_path or get it
from postgresql.conf ?
    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83