Re: regexp incompatibilites 7.3 and 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: regexp incompatibilites 7.3 and 7.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > seems for regexp which works in 7.3 is failing in 7.4.
> > Is't possible to configure pgsql to be compatible with 7.3 regexp ?
>
> SET regex_flavor TO extended;

aha, thanks a lot

> > www=# select 'problem' ~ '^\\p';
> > ERROR:  invalid regular expression: invalid escape \ sequence
>
> I think, though, that this is telling you about a bug in your
> application.  You do realize that under extended regex rules there's
> no difference between that pattern and '^p' ?  Is that *really* what
> you want?

Actually, we have old application which uses perl function quotemeta()
which escaped any cyrillic characters. I used in example latin characters
for simplicity. I  have to use double backslash in psql only.

>             regards, tom lane

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83