string || NULL ambiguity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject string || NULL ambiguity
Date
Re: string || NULL ambiguity  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

we have a little problem in new version of tsearch we're currently
working. We've implemented concatenation operation for txtidx type
and treat concatenation with NULL as NULL (as it should be).
But people get confused with such behaivour. Do we obliged to
follow NULL rule ? It seems more natural in case of text searching to treat
stringA||NULL as stringA.
Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83