Re: Another bug in tsearch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Another bug in tsearch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Hi Oleg & Teodor,
>
> This behaviour is causing problems in my search engine:
>
> australia=# select 'banana/pineapple'::mquery_txt;
>      mquery_txt
> --------------------
>  'banana/pineapple'
> (1 row)
>
> In our case the forward slash symbol should really be treated as a word
> break.  Are there any cases where it shouldn't be?  I can maybe only think
> of 3/4, etc.

I wouldn't say it's a bug. It's a feature and called 'filename or path' :)
Probably we should interpret it as 3 lexems
'banana/pineapple', 'banana', 'pineapple' or 2 last lexems ?
Then you'll have a lot if noise for texts like mailing lists.
You could adapt parser to suit you needs, anyway.

> Chris

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83