Re: Implementation of the frontend protocol - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Korsgaard
Subject Re: Implementation of the frontend protocol
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I'm still working on the SQL proxy, and I'm having some questions
regarding the insert/update/delete queries.

As far as I can tell there is no way of differenciating between
successfull insert/update/delete queries in libpq, they all return
PGRES_COMMAND_OK (PQresultStatus). This is unfortunate considering that I
have to send a different reply to the client for each of the 3 types of
queries (INSERT oid rows, UPDATE rows or DELETE rows). Is there any other
way than examinating the query string that I forward to the real database
server while using libpq or do I have to forget about libpq and use raw
sockets?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard