Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From J. Michael Roberts
Subject Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The only thing I hate about PostgreSQL is that it's hard to type with all
that mixed case.  I confess that I've always pronounced it "postgres"
anyway, so there!

The point of a name is to be distinctive and somewhat descriptive.
Postgres suffices to set the product off from other database systems.
There's no real need for the SQL to be in the name.  Even Microsoft, in
their eternal marketing battle, doesn't make a point of writing AccesSQL.

My two bits, and your mileage may vary.