question re double quotes - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ben Kim
Subject question re double quotes
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to let psql recognize Mixed-case-named
("LikeThisName") table names without double quotes in sql statements.

Thanks to the readline, the table name seems to autoexpand to the full
name "LikeThisName", if I just type in "Like" and press the tab key. But
when I execute the sql statement, it gives me

    ERROR:  Relation "likethisname" does not exist.

Obviously psql uniquely recognizes the name without double quotes (being
able to autoexpand) but won't accept its own creation as valid...

The bash shell in cygwin recognizes both cases and presents choices, if I
put this line in .inputrc.
  # Ignore case while completing
  set completion-ignore-case on

Is there such a feature already? Or, could I submit it as a suggestion? We
have many table and field names with double quotes, so it will save us a
lot of keystrokes. (Also perhaps some errors related with using Access as
frontend...)

Even if we use mixed-case names, it's primarily for descriptive names, and
we don't use same-letters-different-case names.

Regards,
Ben