Re: Fast Inserts and Hardware Questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From adb
Subject Re: Fast Inserts and Hardware Questions
Date
List pgsql-general
What extra overhead do you have?  Are there any triggers on the table?

Can you run some insert tests on your main table, starting with no
index and adding one index at a time so you can see exactly what the
effect of each index is.

Also what are the specs on your scsi raid?  is it 0, 1, 0+1 or 5?
How many drives? which type of scsi, (scsi-II, ultra, wide 160, etc...)

Can you install 7.1beta5 in a separate dir and run a test on that?

Alex.