Re: index used when casting to different type? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From adb
Subject Re: index used when casting to different type?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ah.. This explains the performance I was getting with rserv, I have
int4 keys on my replicated tables and _rserv_log_ uses a text column
to be generic and support keys of different types.  Problem is the
replicate function does a join from the text column to my key cast
as text and thus after running for a little bit, slows to a crawl.

Adding explicit text indexes on my int key columns seems to have
fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Alex.