Re: [GENERAL] Trigonometry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Statistical Solutions
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Trigonometry
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Richard Lynch wrote:

> I *can* compile c code, so if somebody could 'splain to a Lisp hacker how
> to make a gpsdistance.so that would maybe work?

Richard,
if you are using gcc use the -G or the -shared option.  (I believe -shared
is the preferred usage now but -G works also).

gcc -shared -fPIC -o myGPSfuncs.so myGPSfuncs.c -lm

(last is just to link in the math libraries).

Sometimes, its wise to add the -R flag, along with the appropriate paths
for where shared libraries reside, as in
gcc- shared -fPIC -R/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/home/me/mylibs -o
myGPSfuncs.so myGPSfuncs.c -lm

so that where when an app needs this library, it knows where to look for
others also.

steve