Re: Failure to show descriptions in \df command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Failure to show descriptions in \df command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
You can turn the descriptions on by typing \set description on (or \set
description foo, or whatever, as long as it's something), for example, in
your ~/.psqlrc (or in your .psqlrc-7.0.0 if you don't want to interfere
with the current version).

The reason for having descriptions off by default was that in a number of
views (I recall functions and operators), they don't fit on the screen
very nicely. On the other hand, the \dd command always shows descriptions,
because it's sort of the built-in manual, but it doesn't show anything
else (argument types, etc.).

Read the fine (SGML) manual ;)
-Peter