Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Huh?  We certainly do --- or have you missed that
>  * Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
> that's plastered across all the source files?

Regarding which I have a question: at other locations I see (c) 1994-7
Univ. of California, or even (c) 1996-9 PostgreSQL Global Development
Team.

I am not an expert in any of this, but I'm just wondering: when did the
involvement of the U of C end, when was the Global Development Team (tm)
formed and do both copyrights exits in parallel? What if someone
contributes something really major and fairly independent (say like
pg_access) and wants to keep his own copyright (with compatible license of
course)?

And is the PostgreSQL Global Development Team any real entity that could
theoretically enforce that copyright or is it just an alias for "whoever
contributed"?
-Peter