Re: [GENERAL] data entry forms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Doliov
Subject Re: [GENERAL] data entry forms
Date
List pgsql-general
This is probably not the world's most helpful response, but maybe it will
point you in the right direction.

What tools are there for creating screens on dumb terminals (regardless of
where the data is being written to)? I'd think that libcurses would be a
place to look. If that answers your question, then perhaps you are curious
as to how to send data from data entry screens created in C or C++ back to
postgresql.  look into libpq.  if you have updated your MANPATH to search
the postgres install directory's man (e.g. /usr/local/postgres/man) pages
directory, than man libpq will send you on your way to programming in C to
get to the database.

As for other tools, you'll notice that I also replied this to the
pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org mailing list, as the smart folks there may
better be able to answer your question.  To subscribe to this mailing
list, send email to pgsql-interfaces-request@postgresql.org and put in the
body the text "subscribe" (without the quote marks of course).  that'll
get you on that mailing list also.

keeping info in the family :-),
steve doliov