Re: getGeneratedKeys

From: Kris Jurka
Subject: Re: getGeneratedKeys
Date: ,
List: pgsql-jdbc

Tree view

getGeneratedKeys  ("Saleem EDAH-TALLY", )
 Re: getGeneratedKeys  (Kris Jurka, )
  Re: getGeneratedKeys  ("Saleem EDAH-TALLY", )

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Saleem EDAH-TALLY wrote:

> I've tried for single and multiple inserts and it does work.
> I don't know what would be returned if a table has more than one sequence as
> default value for columns, I don't have need for this so I won't try.
>
> Just for curiosity, does it work by driver implementation solely or are there
> changes in PostgreSQL backend that help the implementation ?

The 8.2 server release included support for the RETURNING clause for
inserts, updates, and deletes which allow the server to return the values
generated.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/sql-insert.html

Kris Jurka