Re: Newby Question - accessing refcursor. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Newby Question - accessing refcursor.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, burferd wrote:

> I'm trying to fetch the data returned from the stored procedure with the
> method listed below.
> When I do, the execute() method throws the following exception:
> ERROR: cursor "<unnamed portal 1>" does not exist

To cursors (without hold) disappear at transaction end.  You need to
ensure you have done Connection.setAutoCommit(false) or else the cursor
will disappear before you can fetch from it.

>            cs.registerOutParameter(1, java.sql.Types.JAVA_OBJECT);

This should also be Types.OTHER instead of JAVA_OBJECT.

Kris Jurka