Re: ResultSet & setFetchSize fails to stop heap failures - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: ResultSet & setFetchSize fails to stop heap failures
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 28 May 2008, U. George wrote:

>> To do partial fetches you must turn autocommit off.  See:
>>

> Yup, that did it.  I suppose there is a reason why no exception is
> thrown at the execute, or an error for the setFetchSize when autocommit
> is still on?

You can't throw an exception at setFetchSize because you could do
setFetchSize(N) and then setAutoCommit(false).  Throwing an exception at
execute time is possible, but I don't think the driver should.  Fetch size
is just a hint, so it's not a failure if it isn't used.

Kris Jurka