Re: Closed ResultSet error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Closed ResultSet error
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Bayless Kirtley wrote:

> I am migrating from another database to PostgreSQL and have run into a
> serious problem. The Java program runs fine on the other DB but under
> PostgreSQL it gives the error, "ResultSet is closed."
>
> I have removed all occurrences of closing any result sets and there are
> no instances of closing underlying statements within those methods.
> Finally, I have stepped through the entire operation with a debugger and
> found no unexpected events. Each time a new result set was created, the
> debugger indicated it to be a new entity. When finally returning to the
> original, it appeared to be the correct instance.

When the same statement is used to execute a second query, the first
ResultSet is closed automatically.  I'm guessing that this is what's
happening to you and you need to be sure to create a new Statement for
each concurrently open ResultSet you have.

Kris Jurka