Re: BUG #4123: Statement.setQueryTimeout does not work with Postgres Java Driver - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: BUG #4123: Statement.setQueryTimeout does not work with Postgres Java Driver
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Amit Mujawar wrote:

> Bug reference:      4123
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1
> Java Driver
> Details:
>
> I am using PostgreSQL through JDBC
> PostgreSQL =E2=80=93 8.1, Driver - org.postgresql.Driver 8.1-408.jdbc3
>
> I suspect there is a problem with JDBC driver implementation for
> setQueryTimeout API.

setQueryTimeout is not implemented at all.  Newer drivers (8.3+) will=20
throw an exception telling you that if you try to call setQueryTimeout=20
while older drivers silently accept the value and do nothing.

Kris Jurka