Re: proposal: setKeepAlive - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: proposal: setKeepAlive
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Toru SHIMOGAKI wrote:

> The attached is the second version of setKeepAlive patch, which enables
> that user can turn the configuration flag on/off. The default is off.

Applied with some minor revisions.  I renamed the URL parameter to
tcpKeepAlive for naming consistency and I've added support for it as a
DataSource option as well.

Socket.setKeepAlive is only available in JDK1.3+ while we've previously
retained support back to JDK1.2.  I think everything prior to 1.4 is
sufficiently dead that we don't need to worry about that anymore, so 8.4+
will no longer support JDK 1.2 or 1.3.

Kris Jurka