Re: pljava I/O Error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: pljava I/O Error
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Christian Maier wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right group, but I did not found a better
> fitting one.

The correct list is pljava-dev@pgfoundry.org.  This list is for the client
JDBC driver only.

> I have trouble on installing the example.jar (
> http://wiki.tada.se/display/pljava/Sample+Tests )
>
> postgres=# SELECT sqlj.install_jar('/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/pljava/
> examples.jar', 'samples',  true);
> ERROR:  java.sql.SQLException: I/O exception reading jar file: no
> protocol: /usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/pljava/examples.jar

The page you reference uses the prefix 'file://' to indicate the protocol
used to retrieve the desired jar file.  You're missing this in your
version.

Kris Jurka